eNewsletter - March 2019
Behavioral Health Partners
New Anxiety Program and More in Hinsdale
By: Patricia Noble, Psy.D., Director, Linden Oaks Hinsdale Outpatient Center
Expanded to meet the outpatient treatment needs of patients and community providers in the western suburbs, Linden Oaks Behavioral Health Center in Hinsdale completed a site expansion earlier this winter, dedicating the space to new specialty programming focused on anxiety treatment.
Linden Oaks was the first healthcare organization in the country to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and Disease-Specific Certification for commitment to excellence in anxiety care. The Hinsdale site expansion enables us to offer this world class programming in a convenient new location.
Levels of Care
Experienced assessment and referral professionals are available at the Hinsdale location Monday through Friday, to determine the appropriate level of patient care needed. The level of care is determined by the scope of the condition and the patient’s needs.
If a hospital-based program is appropriate, the patient is assigned to a licensed clinical therapist and receives a thorough psychosocial assessment to determine priorities of care and a physical assessment to rule out medical complications. Our center offers the following levels of treatment:
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP). PHP offers the highest level of outpatient care with six hours of structured programming each day, comprised of individual, group and family therapy. This programming also includes patient education, optional weekly sessions with Alcoholics Anonymous and biweekly session with the National Alliance on Mental Illness. A spiritual leader visits weekly for adults in the program.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). Similar to PHP, IOP offers patients a three-hour daily outpatient treatment plan that focuses on individual, group and family therapy.
- Adolescent Anxiety: Individualized anxiety and school refusal programming is available for adolescent patients from 9 am to 1 pm, Monday through Friday. Work is exposure and individualized assignment driven. Parents are provided comprehensive education about their role in treatment and anxiety in the family to encourage long-term improvement. Our IOP utilizes transition days back to school to slowly assimilate children back to the classroom for a full school day.
- General Mental Health: Based on patient needs, individualized care plans are developed to address general mental health issues, including depression and anxiety, bipolar, grief and post-traumatic stress disorders.
- Addiction: Both substance and process addiction treatment are available as components of individualized care plans at the Hinsdale location. We offer a variety of services for dual diagnosis treatment for adolescents and adults, including assessment of the patient’s stage of recovery. Evening chemical dependency programming is available for adults from 5:30 to 8:30 pm, Monday through Thursday.
Linden Oaks Behavioral Health Center in Hinsdale offers programming for both adults and adolescents, beginning at age 12. Adolescents between the ages of 12 and 18 receive specialized programming, separate from our adult programming.
Our approach to treatment is skills-based treatment centered on dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and learning of coping skills and activation-focused behavior skills. In terms of addiction and dual diagnosis treatment, we follow an abstinence model, believing that a brain under the influence inhibits the recovery process.
Working with Linden Oaks. We take great pride in maintaining relationships between our therapists and current providers, making an initial connection within 48 hours of admission. We communicate discharge details as well as provide mid-treatment updates when requested. It is our policy to return patients to their original provider following Linden Oaks treatment.
Refer a Patient. Call the Linden Oaks Help Line 24 hours a day at (630) 305-5027 to begin the confidential patient assessment process and receive a free 90-minute assessment. While we’re only able to take patients ages 12 and older, we will assess younger patients with the clinical therapist who consults with a psychiatrist for the level of care that is best. Eight-five percent of people assessed are referred back out for outpatient care from community providers, with the other 15 percent remaining at Linden Oaks or IOP or PHP programming.
Linden Oaks Behavioral Health Center in Hinsdale
8 Salt Creek Lane, Hinsdale, Illinois 60521
Hours: 7:30 am to 4 pm