When you need a lab test, such as a throat swab or a blood draw to check your cholesterol level or blood sugar, your doctor will likely refer you to an outpatient lab. Edward-Elmhurst Health lets you choose from a variety of convenient locations and flexible hours to make it easy to get your lab work done on your own schedule.
Outpatient lab locations
Schedule Your Test Online
Appointments are preferred. Walk-ins are accepted, but you may experience delays.
Note: Walk-ins are not accepted for COVID testing.
Lab tests we offer
We offer a comprehensive range of tests from general lab work to highly specialized tests. Common tests include:
- Basic metabolic panel (BMP) and comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) – to provide information about your body’s metabolism
- Beta hCG – to confirm and monitor pregnancy
- Complete blood count (CBC) – to screen for a wide range of conditions and diseases and monitor effectiveness of treatment
- Glucose tolerance – to screen for, diagnose and monitor diabetes, pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes and hypoglycemia
- Hemoglobin A1C or glycohemoglobin (A1C) – to monitor and guide the treatment of diabetes
- HIV antibody – to test for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Lipid panel – to measure fats and fatty substances, such as cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglycerides, which can contribute to coronary artery disease
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA) – to screen for and monitor prostate cancer
- Prothrombin time (PT) – to check how well blood-thinning medications are working or detect a bleeding disorder
- Semen analysis – to assess the health of the male reproductive organs or determine the success of a vasectomy
- Stool culture and GI panel – to determine the presence of pathogens in the digestive tract
- Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) – to screen for thyroid disorders or monitor treatment
- Urinalysis (U/A) – to diagnosis a condition or disease
- Urine culture – to diagnose urinary infections
Some tests require that you prepare in a specific way, such as fasting or collecting a specimen at a certain time. Learn more about what to expect so you can prepare ahead for your lab work.
Many of our lab locations also offer imaging services, such as X-rays, CT scans, mammograms and ultrasound. Learn more about imaging and radiology services at Edward-Elmhurst Health.
For medical professionals
You can count on our full-service clinical and pathology laboratories for all your practice needs. Comprehensive information for your staff and patients is available at:
Edward-Elmhurst Reference Lab