When it comes to the health of your child, nothing matters more. At Edward-Elmhurst Health, we know your child’s health is your top priority, and it’s ours too.
From preventative care and wellness education to the latest in diagnostics and specialty medicine, you don’t have to go far to get the high level of care you want for your child. Edward-Elmhurst offers expert, comprehensive pediatric care close to home.
Your child’s care team
Our team of pediatricians, pediatric emergency physicians, intensivists, family practitioners, nurses, and infant and pediatric subspecialists has spent years training for and doing one thing—caring for kids.
Pediatric nurse navigator
Our pediatric nurse navigator is an important member of your child’s care team. The navigator is responsible for coordinating your child’s care, such as assessing your child’s needs, providing patient education, answering your questions, acting as a liaison between the doctor/care team and you and your child, monitoring your child’s progress, and coordinating all appointments and tests needed. To reach the pediatric nurse navigator, call 630-527-KIDS (5437).
We know first-hand the clinical differences and sensitivities involved with caring for children. We will partner with you to get your child healthy and build Healthy Driven habits that last a lifetime.
Meet our pediatric experts
State-recognized pediatric care
We’ve earned state recognition for the quality of our pediatric care:
- Both Edward’s and Elmhurst’s Emergency Departments are recognized as Emergency Departments Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP).
- Edward Hospital is also a Pediatric Critical Care Center (PCCC), one of the first hospitals in Illinois to earn the designation.
- Elmhurst Hospital’s Special Care Nursery is designated as Level IIe with extended capabilities to care for low birth weight and premature infants, as well as infants on ventilators, at 30 or more weeks gestation.
- Edward Hospital’s Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is designated as Level III, with the capabilities to treat the sickest and most fragile newborns of all gestational ages, including those with a variety of congenital and surgical conditions.
When you partner with Edward-Elmhurst, you’ll benefit from our extensive system-wide resources, including a full range of children’s services:
- Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Special Care Nursery
- Newborn Development Follow-up Clinic
- Pediatric Emergency Care
- Inpatient Pediatrics and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Edward Hospital
- Pediatric cancer and hematology outpatient services
- Pediatric specialties, including pediatric subspecialists
- Pediatric Special Services, including the Special Procedure Area
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Program
- Care Center (medical care for sexually abused children)
- Ronald McDonald Family Room at Edward Hospital
- Behavioral health for adolescents, including depression, anxiety, anger, anti-social disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, addictions and more.
- Adolescent anxiety program, including school refusal and avoidance issues
- Eating disorders program for ages 13 and older
- Children’s fitness programs, including swim lessons, camps, birthday parties, babysitting services and more
Being a parent is perhaps one of the most difficult jobs you can take on. Edward-Elmhurst offers a variety of support groups to help you when challenges arise:
- Cradle Talk
- Mother-Baby Hour
- Nurturing Mom
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Eating Disorders (ANAD) Recovery group
- Nurturing Mom group
- Parents of Children with Bipolar Disorder group
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) family and friends support group
- Parents of Children with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Find a support group