At Edward-Elmhurst Health, our expert occupational therapy team is here to help you remain active and independent, even when life takes an unexpected turn. Whether your condition is the result of an illness or injury, or is caused by developmental issues, we can help you move forward.
Occupational therapy benefits adults and children with a variety of conditions, including:
- Orthopedic issues affecting the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder
- Neurological conditions
- Sensory processing disorder
- Developmental delays
Specialized occupational therapy services
Our licensed occupational therapists provide a full suite of services for individuals and injured workers at multiple locations. Specialized services include lymphedema therapy, cognitive therapy, sensory therapy and hand therapy.
Team members with specific training in hand therapy help treat a variety of conditions, such as:
- Arthritis – rheumatoid arthritis and basal joint arthritis of the thumb
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and cubital tunnel syndrome
- De Quervain’s syndrome
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Tendon injuries and tendonitis
- Tennis elbow
- Trigger finger
Hand therapy services include:
- Edema control after hand injury
- Injury prevention
- Joint protection training
- Pain management
- Scar remodeling
- Stretching and strengthening programs
- Wound care related to the hands
- Ultrasound, electrical stimulation, dry heat whirlpool and other treatment modalities
We provide custom hand splinting/bracing to maximize your healing process, using the latest techniques and the most appropriate splint for your diagnosis. Splint options include dynamic splints, static splints and prefabricated splints.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, find a location or occupational therapist.
Related Clinical Trials