At some point in our lives, we all have pain that makes life's simple tasks difficult. Whether you’re experiencing knee, back or shoulder pain, our rehabilitation therapists can help you regain mobility and health.
Orthopedics is the area of medicine dedicated to preserving and restoring function of the musculoskeletal system which includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves.
At Edward-Elmhurst Health Rehabilitation, we pride ourselves on our ability to evaluate and treat all orthopedic conditions. Our orthopedic outcomes rank in the top 10 percent nationwide and we do so in fewer visits than the average clinic, saving you money.
Our hospitals have the highest number of board-certified orthopedic certified specialists in the area and we provide cutting-edge therapy through advanced education and certification programs for our staff. We also specialize in manual physical therapy, which is an integral component of orthopedic care.
We work hard to match you with the right therapist, at the right location to improve your outcomes and satisfaction. You’ll benefit from a treatment plan tailored to your specific needs, and progressive one-on-one care with the same therapist throughout the length of your treatment.
What makes us different?
- One-on-one treatments with the same therapist each session
- All treatments provided by a licensed therapist
- Focus on function
- We treat non-surgical, pre-surgical and post-surgical patients
Common conditions we treat:
- Total joint replacement
- Muscle weakness and imbalance
- Spinal dysfunction and post-op spine surgery
- Joint and muscle pain
- Tendonitis and bursitis
- Chronic pain / pain management
- Sprains and strains
- Sports injury
- Stability training
- Mobility training
- Joint mobilization / manipulation
- Graston / Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Pain science education
- Functional activity training
- Body mechanics and ergonomic training
- Balance / proprioceptive training
- Pain reducing modalities
- Preparing for or recovering from orthopedic surgery
Upper extremity orthopedics
We help individuals with the following diagnoses:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Trigger finger
- Arthritic conditions
- Traumatic injuries
- Crush injuries
- Muscle strains, tears and avulsions
- Hand and upper extremity fractures
- Tendon injuries and conditions
- Nerve injuries and conditions
Hand therapy is a specialty practice area of occupational therapy with the goal to help you return to full participation in your daily activities. Our certified occupational therapists have advanced clinical skills to identify your specific needs/challenges for return to pre-injury functional status.
Learn more about orthopedic services at Edward-Elmhurst Health.