Breast Cancer Center
Breast cancer is a personal journey that requires individual attention, expertise and, most of all, a team to rally around you.
In our nationally accredited Breast Cancer Center, our breast cancer experts will partner with you every step of the way. From diagnosis through treatment to survivorship, you can count on our innovation and compassion along your entire journey to wellness.
Expert, innovative care for your unique needs
Your personal breast cancer team at Edward-Elmhurst Health includes world-class physicians, each with specific expertise, who work together just for you. From the moment you are diagnosed, our experts join forces to develop your individualized, comprehensive breast cancer treatment plan.
You’ll have access to a wide range of innovative and highly specialized breast cancer treatments integrated with support services — and all under one roof. Your team will work with you to eliminate the disease and restore your sense of well-being. When your treatment is finished, we'll continue to protect your long-term health in our Survivorship Clinic.
Did you know?
- Edward-Elmhurst Health is among the top 10 health systems in Illinois for the most cancer surgeries performed (IHA COMPdata, 2019).
- Edward Hospital performs more breast cancer surgeries than any other hospital in the western suburbs with Elmhurst Hospital ranked third (IHA COMPdata, 2019).
Recognized, high-quality breast cancer care
We regularly earn recognition for our record of high-quality breast cancer care. Edward Hospital and Elmhurst Hospital have both achieved:
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) Commission on Cancer Accreditation with Commendation
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Accreditation
- Magnet® recognition for excellence in nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- "A" in The Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Grades
- Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) certification
Edward Hospital earned the ACR Breast Imaging Center of Excellence and Elmhurst Hospital earned the ACR Breast Ultrasound Imaging and Ultrasound-Guided Breast Biopsy Accreditation and the ACR Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Accreditation.
Edward-Elmhurst Health was also named a 15 Top Health Systems in the nation by IBM Watson Health™, recognition based on publicly available clinical, operational and patient satisfaction metrics and data. The organization, partnered with Fortune Magazine, also ranked Edward Hospital and Elmhurst Hospital among the 100 Top Hospitals in the country.
These quality rankings mean the highest quality of care for you.
Second Opinion Clinic
You have a right to a second opinion.
Learn more about Edward-Elmhurst Health's Second Opinion Clinics and take charge of your health today.
Edward-Elmhurst Health is committed to research and improving outcomes for patients with breast cancer.
View our clinical trials