A Study to Assess the Effectiveness and Safety of Irinotecan Liposome Injection, 5-fluorouracil/Leucovorin Plus Oxaliplatin in Patients Not Previously Treated for Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer, Compared to Nab-paclitaxel+Gemcitabine Treatment
October 01, 2020
Alexander Hantel, MD
Edward Cancer Center - Naperville
Edward Cancer Center - Plainfield
Nancy Knowles Cancer Center - Elmhurst
The purpose of this study is to look at the efficacy and safety of Irinotecan liposome injection in combination with other approved drugs used for cancer therapy, namely 5 fluorouracil/leucovorin (5FU/LV) plus oxaliplatin compared to nab-paclitaxel + gemcitabine treatment in improving the overall survival of patients not previously treated for metastatic pancreatic cancer.
- Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas that has not been previously treated in the metastatic setting.
- One or more metastatic tumors measurable by CT or MRI.
- No prior treatment of pancreatic cancer in the metastatic setting with surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy or investigational therapy
- Must be metastatic disease.
- No history of any second malignancy in the last 2 years
- No neuroendocrine (carcinoid, islet cell) or acinar pancreatic carcinoma
Pending IRB Approval for Recruiting
Amanda Keller, BSN