Heart and vascular
Your heart is in expert hands when you choose Edward-Elmhurst Heart Hospital for your cardiovascular care. We bring the expertise, innovation and national recognition, most often associated with academic medical centers, to our community — so you can stay close to your home and support system.
- Edward-Elmhurst Health is one of the top 10 health systems for cardiovascular care in Illinois*
- We’re ranked No. 2 for the number of TAVR (transcatheter aortic valve replacement used to treat heart valve disease) procedures performed among all providers of heart care in Illinois*
- We treat more than 40,000 heart and vascular patients annually
- Both Edward and Elmhurst Hospitals have been named as Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac CareTM and Edward Hospital is among Healthgrades 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac SurgeryTM **
- We are one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems***
*IL CompDATA CV State Rankings, 2019
**Healthgrades, Edward Hospital, 2014-2021 and 2020-2021; Elmhurst Hospital, 2021
***Fortune/IBM Watson, 2019-2021
For us, this is personal
There’s more. Here, you’ll find a team of heart and vascular specialists and staff with unmatched compassion for you. We live and breathe heart care 24/7. For us, this is personal.
Heart Hospital Expertise
At Edward-Elmhurst Heart Hospital, our experienced, supportive team of board-certified doctors, cardiac nurses and other specialists work in collaboration on your behalf. Our experts have advanced training in cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, interventional cardiology and electrophysiology.
Our heart and vascular experts:
- Deliver rapid, lifesaving interventions using the latest technology
- Perform high-end, minimally invasive procedures for high-risk patients
- Routinely train other physicians from across the nation and around the world on unique new approaches
- Continually pioneer new diagnostic techniques and advanced treatments
Meet our cardiovascular experts.
Comprehensive heart care services
We offer comprehensive care for the full range of cardiovascular conditions, including:
As a leader in heart services, we’re continually introducing new and groundbreaking diagnostic techniques and treatment technology. For example, we performed the world’s first minimally invasive cryoballoon procedure to treat atrial fibrillation.
We were also among the first in Illinois to offer highly specialized heart procedures, like TAVR and WATCHMAN™. These innovative, lifesaving treatments provide hope for patients who were previously out of options. Learn more about our Cardiac Innovations & Structural Heart Center®.
High-quality heart care
We regularly earn recognition for our record of quality care. For example, Edward-Elmhurst Health's open heart and valve surgery survival rates and length of stay are better than the national benchmark.+ And, patients undergoing open heart surgery at Edward-Elmhurst are less likely to go back into surgery due to a complication.+
Edward Hospital was also the recipient of the 2018 Gold Performance Achievement Award — Action AMI Registry, awarded by the American College of Cardiology-NCDR for quality improvement.
Both Edward and Elmhurst Hospitals have received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association 2017 Get with the Guidelines® Heart Failure Gold Plus Achievement Award.
Edward-Elmhurst Health was also named one of the 15 Top Hospital Systems in the country (IBM Watson, 2019). Additionally, we received the 2019 Advantage Award for performance improvement and efficiency (IBM Watson, 2019).
These quality rankings mean the highest quality of care for you.
+The Society of Thoracic Surgeons- National Adult Cardiac Surgery Database (2018 data for CABG, valve and CABG/valve surgery combined)