Laparoscopic gynecologic surgery
Laparoscopic surgery, one type of minimally invasive surgery, is performed with tiny tools inserted into the body through a thin, lighted tube called a laparoscope. During a gynecologic procedure, the laparoscope can be used to check for certain conditions and remove tissues, if necessary, in addition to other procedures.
Advantages of this type of surgery include smaller incisions or, in some cases, no incision at all. This means less pain, less bleeding, a lower risk of complications and a faster and more comfortable recovery.
Our surgeons perform the following minimally invasive laparoscopic gynecologic procedures:
- Endometrial ablation – a treatment for endometriosis, a leading cause of infertility
- Vaginal hysterectomy – removal of the uterus
- Burch procedure – a treatment for stress incontinence
- Myomectomy – removal of uterine fibroids
- Tubal cannulation – clearing of blockages in fallopian tubes
da Vinci robotic gynecologic procedures
The da Vinci Surgical System makes it easier for surgeons to operate in hard-to-reach areas, offers greater precision and control, and enhances visualization of the surgical area with crystal-clear 3D imaging and magnification. Surgeons can perform complex operations through a few small incisions, so there's less discomfort and a shorter recovery time.
Our da Vinci gynecologic procedures include:
- Endometriosis surgery
- Gynecologic oncology procedures
- Hysterectomy – removal of the uterus
- Myomectomy - removal of uterine fibroids
- Oophorectomy - removal of one or both ovaries
- Ovarian cystectomy –removal of a cyst from an ovary
- Pelvic congestion procedures
- Pelvic organ prolapsed repair
- Tubal ligation reversal
- Scar tissue removal
Ask your doctor if robotic surgery is right for you.