Video Visits: See a doctor from anywhere
Video Visits let you receive care and medical advice from the comfort of home, or anywhere. A Video Visit (also known as telehealth) is simply a video call which allows you to meet face-to-face, in real time, with a healthcare professional.
More than 500 of our physicians* and advanced practice clinicians are offering scheduled and on-demand Video Visits to new and established Edward-Elmhurst Health patients of all ages. This includes internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics and a range of specialties.
Schedule or start a Video Visit
When should you use a Video Visit?
Video Visits are available for a new health issue or symptoms, or as an option for a range of issues, such as:
- Burns (minor), blisters, abrasions
- Cold, cough, sore throat, sinus issues
- COVID-19 screening
- Depression, anxiety
- Diarrhea, constipation, nausea
- Ear pain
- Headache (tension), migraine follow-up
- Pink eye
- Rash, bug bites
- Urinary tract infection (UTI), bladder infection
You can use a Video Visit for a health issue that needs attention but isn't an emergency. We can assess your issue and provide next steps.
Call your doctor’s office to determine if a Video Visit is right for you, or review our frequently asked questions.
What if you need an in-person visit?
Edward-Elmhurst Health physician offices are open if you need an in-person visit. We are taking every precaution to keep our patients safe during their visit. Your doctor’s office can help determine what type of visit is right for you.
Schedule an in-person visit
When should you seek an in-person visit?
An in-person visit is recommended for the following issues:
- Abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, vomiting
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding, post-menopausal bleeding
- Chest pain, palpitations, lightheadedness
- Eye injury, ear pain, vision difficulties
- Headache that is severe or complicated
- Pregnancy-related conditions
- Suspected fracture, wounds, lacerations
- Vertigo, weakness, concussion, stroke-like symptoms
If you're having a medical emergency, call 911.
*Physicians with Edward-Elmhurst Medical Group in specialty areas like family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, and more.