The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has announced that Edward-Elmhurst Health has earned 2021 CHIME Digital Health Most Wired Level 8 Acute and Level 8 Ambulatory recognition.
Edward-Elmhurst, which includes Edward Hospital in Naperville, Elmhurst Hospital and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, was previously recognized as Most Wired in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2020. Elmhurst Hospital made the list in 2013 and 2014, and Edward Hospital was named in 2014.
“We are very proud of this award that acknowledges our work to make accessing healthcare easier and commitment to transform the healthcare experience to make it safe, seamless and personal,” says Mary Lou Mastro, System CEO, Edward-Elmhurst Health.
The CHIME Digital Health Most Wired program conducts an annual survey to assess how effectively healthcare organizations apply core and advanced technologies into their clinical and business programs to improve health and care in their communities.
According to CHIME, organizations achieving Level 8 (10 is the highest) Most Wired recognition have deployed technologies and strategies, like population health/cost-of-care analytics, health information exchanges/integration engines and patient portals, to help analyze their data and achieve meaningful clinical and efficiency outcomes. Some are experimenting with more advanced technologies, like telehealth, that expand access to care.
Edward-Elmhurst was one of 147 hospitals and health systems in the country and one of 11 in Illinois to earn Most Wired Level 8 Acute recognition and one of 100 hospitals and health systems in the country and one of five in Illinois to earn Most Wired Level 8 Ambulatory recognition.
Edward-Elmhurst’s Most Wired efforts are featured at www.EEHealth.org/patients-visitors/myeehealth and include:
- MyEEHealth mobile app for IOS and Android that helps patients keep track of their health anywhere, 24/7
- MyChart patient portal: Available online and via mobile app, patients can communicate with their doctor, manage appointments, access test results, request prescription renewals and check in for appointments.
- Virtual visits, including E-visits (online diagnosis and treatment planning via online messaging in MyChart), telephone visits and video visits
- Real-time online scheduling for doctor visits and tests: New and current patients can schedule an appointment with one of more than 300 physicians, physician assistants or advance practice clinicians with Edward-Elmhurst Health. Patients can also schedule lab tests, mammograms, heart scans, x-rays, dexa scans and other procedures.
- Remote monitoring to monitor and track patients’ health while they’re at home
- Real-time Wait Times: ERs, Immediate Cares, Walk-In Clinics
- On My Way/Save My Spot to shorten your wait at Edward-Elmhurst Immediate Cares and Walk in Clinics
- Virtual Assistant Chatbot (“Eleanor”): Symptom checker for COVID-19 and general care navigation
- HealthAware online risk assessments for heart disease, stroke, sleep disorders, cancer, diabetes, weight, addiction, depression and anxiety
- Online cost estimator and online bill pay
- Online class registration and online classes for prenatal topics and more
The 2021 Digital Health Most Wired program included four surveys: domestic, ambulatory, long-term care and international acute. The surveys assessed the adoption, integration and impact of technologies in healthcare organizations at all stages of development, from early development to industry leading.
Each participating organization receives a customized benchmarking report, an overall score and scores in eight segments: infrastructure, security, business/disaster recovery, administrative/supply chain, analytics/data management, interoperability/population health, patient engagement and clinical quality/safety.
For more information about Edward-Elmhurst Health, visit www.EEHealth.org. For more information about CHIME, visit www.chimecentral.org.