The Elmhurst Memorial Hospital (EMH) Foundation has awarded $16,000 in Teen Volunteer Health Profession Scholarships to eight area high school students who volunteer at Elmhurst Hospital and plan to pursue careers in a health-related field.
Each of the recipients received $2,000 through the Foundation’s Teen Volunteer Health Profession Scholarship program. Funds for this year’s scholarships were raised through the Foundation’s annual Reindeer Route House Walk.
Recipients, their high schools and areas of study/occupation:
- Vivian Brunke, York, Sports Medicine Physician
- Anna Dray, Fenwick, Physician/Surgeon
- Ava Hollis, York, Physician
- Sheril Mathew, York, Physician
- Raven McNally, Riverside-Brookfield, Nursing
- Ethan Mesina, Glenbard South, Physician – Ortho or Interventional
- Vernon Porio, IC Catholic Prep, General/Neurosurgery
- Katherine Wilson, Hinsdale Central, Physician/Surgeon
Elmhurst Hospital teen volunteers must meet a rigorous set of criteria to qualify for a scholarship, including scholastic achievements, accumulated hours of volunteer service in the hospital, strong performance evaluations from the Volunteer Department, community service and pursuit of a career in a health-related field.
For more information about the EMH Foundation and upcoming events, visit www.emhfoundation.org/events or call (331) 221-0388.