With the help of generous donors like you, the following Foundation accomplishments have made a difference to thousands of Elmhurst patients in recent years:
- $34 million raised during the Exceptional Past, Extraordinary Future capital campaign to build the new Elmhurst Hospital main campus
- $600,00 funding for the 8-bed Emergency Department expansion
- $350,000 toward the BrainLab Navigation System for the Neurosciences department
- $500,00 helping to fund the 4-bed Critical Care Unit expansion
- $107,000 to The Learning Center for Diabetes to provide resources for patients and their families
- $50,000 funding for the Hospital's Jumpstart Your Health diabetes life management program designed to educate those at high risk
- $28,000 in scholarship awards to Elmhurst Hospital teen volunteers
- $25,000 to fund the Breast Surveillance program
- $10,000 for family comfort carts and program support in Palliative Care
The Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization led by a board of trustees separate from Elmhurst Memorial Hospital and Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare. Foundation board members are volunteers who live or work in the communities served by the hospital. Their personal and professional expertise provides valuable leadership.
Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees
- Kenneth Wegner, Chairman
- Michelle Meziere, M.D., Vice Chairman
- Danelle Achepohl
- Valerie Cahill
- Kathy Caluwaert
- Michael Grant
- Ann Gunst
- Ryon Hennessy, M.D
- Blanche Hill
- Mike Hoffman, M.D.
- Richard Inskeep
- Ray Janevicius, M.D.
- Paul Koch
- Caron Lizzadro
- Mary Ann Malloy, M.D.
- Michael Martirano, M.D.
- James McNamara
- Edward Momkus
- Christina Morrissey
- James Nelson
- Anne Oldenburg
- Michael Regan
- Nancy Scinto
- Daniel Sullivan, M.D.
- Daniel Welz
- Pamela Dunley, President
- Chris Mollet, Corporate Secretary
Meet Ken Wegner, chairman of the Foundation Board of Trustees
Ken is president of the Jel Sert Company, makers of Fla-Vor-Ice and other refreshments, headquartered in West Chicago. He also is the School Board President of Immaculate Conception Grade School, a member of the Young President’s Organization-Chicago Chapter and coach for AYSO soccer and Immaculate Conception Grade School track.
Ken’s involvement with Elmhurst Hospital began in 1987 when he became a founding member of the EMH Foundation Special Event Committee. He joined the Foundation’s Board of Trustees in 1991 and was elected as the board’s chairman in 1995. Ken and his wife, Julia, live in Elmhurst.