The urologists at Edward-Elmhurst Health are specialists in diseases of the urinary tract, bladder and kidneys. They’re also experts in conditions affecting the male reproductive organs. As a result of their extensive training and experience, the urologists on staff at Edward-Elmhurst are able to offer a wide range of urology services for adults and children. Many procedures can be done in the comfort of your doctor’s office.
Our physician groups
Finding a specialist who matches your needs and preferences is an important healthcare decision. At Edward-Elmhurst Health, we work with several physician groups to provide urology services, including Elmhurst Clinic.
Find a urologist
Learn about our urogynecologic services for women
Urinary, bladder, kidney and prostate conditions we treat
Conditions we treat include:
- Cancers of the bladder, kidneys, prostate and testes
- Enlarged prostate
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Incontinence (female and male)
- Kidney stones
- Infertility (male)
- Pelvic disorders and organ prolapse
- Prostate disease
- Urination (voiding) disorders, such as urinary tract infections (UTIs)
Urologic treatments and procedures
If you need surgery, it’s good to know that many procedures can be done on a minimally invasive basis with smaller incisions. We offer the following specialized procedures:
- Endoscopic and laparoscopic surgery, using very thin surgical instruments guided by a tiny video camera
- Laparoscopic nephrectomy to remove the kidneys
- Lithotripsy, which employs shock waves or lasers to treat kidney stones
- Prostatectomy to treat prostate cancer
- Radioactive seed therapy for prostate cancer
- Sub-urethral sling for female incontinence
- Transurethral needle ablation (TUNA) of prostate
Robotic prostate surgery
We offer one of the most advanced technologies available for performing prostatectomies—the da Vinci Surgical System. This robotic surgery system enables our surgeons to navigate delicate tissue with unmatched precision. This is especially important for preserving the critical nerves that control urinary and sexual function, a concern for many men undergoing prostate surgery.
Learn more about robotic and minimally invasive surgery
Women’s Center for Pelvic Medicine
If you’re among the many women who experience incontinence, pelvic pain, vaginal or uterine prolapse and related health concerns, turn to our Women’s Center for Pelvic Medicine. You’ll find answers to your questions, and the latest diagnostic techniques, rehabilitation therapy for pelvic floor issues and minimally invasive treatment options.