Workers’ compensation is our specialty. Our clients claim fewer lost workdays than the national average for workplace injuries thanks to an aggressive approach that gives employees expert medical care and rehabilitation to help them recover quickly and get back to work.
At Edward-Elmhurst Health, we offer comprehensive workers’ compensation services and are a preferred provider for most insurance programs. Services range from general examinations to specialized treatments. Acute injury care is available every hour of every day in a variety of convenient locations.
Case management at no charge
Registered clients are eligible for free case management. All cases are tracked from the beginning to ensure injured workers get back to work faster with maximum medical improvement.
Our case managers help you navigate the mandated workers’ comp regulations and paperwork. We provide complete documentation, including:
- Diagnosis reports
- Treatment plans
- Drug screening reports
- Return-to-work status reports
Our dedicated team provides you with timely results and coordinates communication with healthcare providers and the insurance company. The iSystoc system available at Elmhurst Memorial occupational health locations provides you with online access to injury care information and drug screen results. Information and results for Edward occupational health clients are available by fax, email or phone.
We advocate early return to work with modified duty whenever appropriate, rather than complete removal from the workplace.
Our rehabilitation services are provided by licensed physical and occupational therapists who are experienced in work-related injuries, and who support our philosophy of rapid return to the workplace with or without restricted duty. Services include:
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy – Incorporates the latest techniques to help employees recover from injury and regain skills for work-related tasks
- Work conditioning/hardening – Employs state-of-the-art equipment to simulate job tasks and provide objective data for you to measure your employee's progress
- Functional capacity evaluation – Measures physical strength, range of motion, stamina and tolerance of functional activities to objectively determine the necessity of work restrictions
Learn about rehabilitation services at Edward-Elmhurst Health.
Independent medical examinations
Our board-certified physicians can determine whether an injured worker has reached maximum benefit from treatment or whether any permanent impairment remains from an injury. We conduct independent medical examinations to determine the cause, extent and medical treatment of an injury. We’ll provide a complete evaluation, including history and physical examination, and address questions regarding the final degree of disability.
Meet your goals for a safe and healthy workplace with support from Edward-Elmhurst Healthcare. Options range from post-offer medical evaluations and fitness-for-duty exams, to employee and executive physicals. Screenings may be customized to include:
- Blood pressure
- Cardiac with EKG
- Comprehensive metabolic profile
- Chest X-ray
- Pulmonary function (spirometry)
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) test
- Additional screenings tailored to your workforce needs
Our extensive experience with drug and alcohol testing provides you with reliable and fast results. Screenings can be done at the worksite or at one of our occupational health clinics. After-hours services are available. We offer:
- Non-regulated urine drug screens
- Regulated urine drug screens (DOT)
- Rapid drug screens
- Collection only
- Hair Drug Screen Collection
- Breath alcohol collections
- Consortia services
Our medical review officer will thoroughly and fairly investigate laboratory-confirmed positive, adulterated, substituted and invalid drug test results, as well as evaluate medical explanations for detected substances when appropriate. We are equipped to evaluate any type of drug test or brand, and all of our tests are performed with guaranteed chain of custody. You can expect ongoing communication and full documentation; drug testing documentation storage is also available.
If needed, our certified medical review officers can provide referrals for employees needing treatment for substance abuse.
Same-day drug testing
If you want someone to start work immediately, but need drug test results first, we can help. We’ve teamed up with eScreen, a company offering rapid drug screens in a network of more than 1,500 clinics nationwide. The eScreen program allows us to provide rapid, compliant and efficient employee drug testing services. Online results are available within 15 minutes of sample submission.
The health of your employees is paramount to the safety of the people they serve. This is especially true of police and fire departments, transportation companies, municipalities, manufacturing businesses and other industries governed by strict safety regulations. Our knowledgeable professionals monitor current workplace regulations to keep you up-to-date with the latest mandates and necessary documentation.
To assist you with regulatory compliance, we offer a full range of physical exams and wellness screenings, including:
- DOT medical certification exams
- HAZMAT qualifications exams
- NFPA firefighter annual exams
- Police academy clearance annual exams
- Nuclear regulatory commission mandated exams
- Lead screenings
- Asbestos screenings
Respiratory examinations and respiratory fit testing
If your employees are required to wear protective masks or respiratory equipment, you need to ensure your equipment meets OSHA requirements. We’re one of the few occupational health programs to offer the PortaCount® respiratory equipment screening device, the most advanced system available to assess the effectiveness of your employees’ protective respiratory masks.
We administer OHSA-required respiratory fit tests onsite or in our facilities. We can qualify first responders to wear Department of Homeland Security FM12 masks with these OSHA-mandated requirements:
- A questionnaire to screen for medical symptoms, illnesses and lifestyle risk factors to determine if candidates require additional medical evaluation prior to using the FM12 mask. Download the respirator medical evaluation questionnaire.
- A complete physical to determine if the individual is physically able to wear the mask. This screening includes cardiac fitness, respiratory function, vision, hearing and musculoskeletal function.