When you need a lab test, such as a throat swab or a blood draw to check your cholesterol level or blood sugar, your doctor will likely refer you to an outpatient lab. Edward-Elmhurst Health lets you choose from a variety of convenient locations and flexible hours to make it easy to get your lab work done on your own schedule.
Edward lab locations
Call 630-527-3200 to schedule any lab test.
Or schedule online now for certain labs at select locations.
Schedule Your Test Online
Elmhurst lab locations
Appointments not required for some locations - simply walk in. Wait times may vary.
View Elmhurst Lab Locations
Lab tests we offer
We offer a comprehensive range of tests from general lab work to highly specialized tests. Common tests include:
- Basic metabolic panel (BMP) and comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) – to provide information about your body’s metabolism
- Beta hCG – to confirm and monitor pregnancy
- Complete blood count (CBC) – to screen for a wide range of conditions and diseases and monitor effectiveness of treatment
- Glucose tolerance – to screen for, diagnose and monitor diabetes, pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes and hypoglycemia
- Hemoglobin A1C or glycohemoglobin (A1C) – to monitor and guide the treatment of diabetes
- HIV antibody – to test for the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- Lipid panel – to measure fats and fatty substances, such as cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglycerides, which can contribute to coronary artery disease
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA) – to screen for and monitor prostate cancer
- Prothrombin time (PT) – to check how well blood-thinning medications are working or detect a bleeding disorder
- Semen analysis – to assess the health of the male reproductive organs or determine the success of a vasectomy
- Stool culture and GI panel – to determine the presence of pathogens in the digestive tract
- Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) – to screen for thyroid disorders or monitor treatment
- Urinalysis (U/A) – to diagnosis a condition or disease
- Urine culture – to diagnose urinary infections
Some tests require that you prepare in a specific way, such as fasting or collecting a specimen at a certain time. Learn more about what to expect so you can prepare ahead for your lab work.
Many of our lab locations also offer imaging services, such as X-rays, CT scans, mammograms and ultrasound. Learn more about imaging and radiology services at Edward-Elmhurst Health.
For medical professionals
You can count on our full-service clinical and pathology laboratories for all your practice needs. Comprehensive information for your staff and patients is available at:
Edward Reference Labs
Elmhurst Reference Labs