Ear, nose and throat
If you are experiencing a condition that affects your ears, nose or throat, you’re not alone. Common disorders affecting this region of the body are often best treated by an ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialist, also known as an otolaryngologist.
The ENT experts at Edward-Elmhurst Health are dedicated to caring for infants, children and adults with conditions related to the face, head and neck, including:
- Chronic ear infections
- Hearing loss
- Snoring and sleep apnea
- Allergies and allergic rhinitis
- Sinus problems
- Dizziness and vertigo
- Sinus problems
- Infected tonsils and adenoids
- Thyroid and parathyroid conditions
- Swallowing disorders
Find a specialist with Edward-Elmhurst Medical Group
Finding a specialist who matches your needs and preferences is an important healthcare decision. Find an ear, nose and throat specialist (Otolaryngology) with Edward-Elmhurst Medical Group, the premier medical group of Edward-Elmhurst Health, or search all ENT specialists on staff at Edward-Elmhurst Health.
Learn more about Edward-Elmhurst Medical Group.
Ear, nose and throat surgery
When you need surgery to relieve an ENT disorder, you’ll find the latest surgical options in a comfortable, relaxing setting. You can count on the expertise and experience of our surgeons, who perform a high volume of these procedures each year.
Laser technology is used for many surgeries, eliminating the need for incisions. We offer the following ENT surgeries:
- Ear tube insertion
- Endocrine surgery, including thyroid and parathyroid
- Sinus surgery
- Laser bronchoscopy to diagnose and treat bronchial disorders
- Laryngoscopy for in-depth examination and diagnosis of the throat
- Tonsillectomy to remove the tonsils
- Otoplasty to correct structural defects or reshape the ear
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPS) to remove the tonsils, uvula and part of the soft palate
- Complex pediatric and neonatal surgeries
Advanced ENT technology
At Edward-Elmhurst, you have access to sophisticated technology for ear, nose and throat surgery, such as:
- Harmonic scalpel – an ultrasound technology tool that removes parathyroid tumors. Used in combination with a gamma probe, this scalpel cuts tissue while simultaneously sealing the edges of the incision, allowing for greater precision.
- Facial nerve monitoring system – a high-tech system that helps ENT surgeons avoid areas of the face where the nerves may be at risk. This provides you with an extra layer of protection and ensures the best and safest outcome.
- The Fusion™ ENT Navigation System – enables our ear, nose and throat surgeons to use image-guided techniques for safer, more accurate procedures.
Edward-Elmhurst Health offers other specialties related to the treatment of ear, nose and throat conditions, including endocrinology, allergy, audiology and sleep services.