Edward-Elmhurst Drive-Thru Services – Downers Grove
Edward-Elmhurst Health is pleased to offer convenient drive-thru lab and vaccination services at its Downers Grove location (2205 Butterfield Road), situated just west of I-355, so you can take care of your health and get on with your day.
How it works
Patients of all ages — newborns and up — can use the drive-thru for simple lab tests and vaccines, including rapid strep tests, bloodwork and COVID-19 tests and vaccines. A three-lane, enclosed drive-thru protects you from the weather while our team comes to your vehicle.
- Monday - Friday: 6:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Weekends: 6:30 am – 2:30 pm
1. Get your physician order
Physician orders are required for all drive-thru lab tests, including COVID-19 tests. You don't need a physician order to get a COVID-19 vaccine or booster.
If you do not have a doctor’s order for a rapid strep test or COVID-19 test, don’t worry, we have clinicians ready to see you in person at our on-site Walk-In Clinic in Downers Grove.
2. Schedule your appointment
We offer convenient online scheduling, 24/7, for vaccines and most lab tests, including same-day appointments.
Schedule your lab test
Schedule your COVID-19 vaccine or booster
You can also schedule through:
Note: Appointments for COVID-19 tests must be scheduled via MyChart or by calling 630-527-3200, after your physician has placed the order electronically.
3. Arrive at the drive-thru
The drive-thru is located at 2205 Butterfield Road in Downers Grove. There is an expedited check-in for those with a MyChart account.
- Go to the drive-up lane and pull into one of the available registration checkpoints on the right to let us know you are here.
- To check-in, use the QR code on the sign next to your space OR call the number listed on the sign.
- After you check-in, you’ll receive additional instructions.
- If you were not able to complete pre-registration online, you may be asked to complete it in the drive-thru.
Traditional lab sites
For those who are uneasy about blood draws, our drive-thru care team will assess the safest way to fulfill your lab order. If you prefer the traditional lab process, please visit one of our 19 traditional lab sites instead. To schedule a lab test online 24/7, visit EEHealth.org/schedule.
Don’t have a MyChart account? Set up your MyChart account today.
Please schedule an appointment online at EEHealth.org/schedule or via MyChart. There is no physician order required for the following vaccines:
- COVID-19 vaccines, including booster shots (Pfizer or Moderna) in our Downer's Grove location (scheduled appointments only).
- Basic metabolic panel (BMP)
- Comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP)
- Flu A&B, RSV
- Beta hCG
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH)
- Hemoglobin A1C
- HIV antibody
- Lipid panel
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA)
- Prothrombin time (PT)
- Rapid strep test
- Specimen drop off for stool and urine tests
- Platelet aggregation
- Semen analysis
- Glucose tolerance test
- H-Pylori breath test
- Special kits from outside labs/vendors