Workers’ compensation is our specialty. Our clients claim fewer lost workdays than the national average for workplace injuries thanks to an aggressive approach that gives employees expert medical care and rehabilitation to help them recover quickly and get back to work.
At Edward-Elmhurst Health, we offer comprehensive workers’ compensation services and are a preferred provider for most insurance programs. Services range from general examinations to specialized treatments. Acute injury care is available every hour of every day in a variety of convenient locations.
Case management at no charge
Registered clients are eligible for free case management. All cases are tracked from the beginning to ensure injured workers get back to work faster with maximum medical improvement.
Our case managers help you navigate the mandated workers’ comp regulations and paperwork. We provide complete documentation, including:
- Diagnosis reports
- Treatment plans
- Drug screening reports
- Return-to-work status reports
Our dedicated team provides you with timely results and coordinates communication with healthcare providers and the insurance company. The iSystoc system available at Elmhurst Memorial occupational health locations provides you with online access to injury care information and drug screen results. Information and results for Edward occupational health clients are available by fax, email or phone.
We advocate early return to work with modified duty whenever appropriate, rather than complete removal from the workplace.
Our rehabilitation services are provided by licensed physical and occupational therapists who are experienced in work-related injuries, and who support our philosophy of rapid return to the workplace with or without restricted duty. Services include:
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy – Incorporates the latest techniques to help employees recover from injury and regain skills for work-related tasks
- Work conditioning/hardening – Employs state-of-the-art equipment to simulate job tasks and provide objective data for you to measure your employee's progress
- Functional capacity evaluation – Measures physical strength, range of motion, stamina and tolerance of functional activities to objectively determine the necessity of work restrictions
Learn about rehabilitation services at Edward-Elmhurst Health.
Independent medical examinations
Our board-certified physicians can determine whether an injured worker has reached maximum benefit from treatment or whether any permanent impairment remains from an injury. We conduct independent medical examinations to determine the cause, extent and medical treatment of an injury. We’ll provide a complete evaluation, including history and physical examination, and address questions regarding the final degree of disability.
Meet your goals for a safe and healthy workplace with support from Edward-Elmhurst Healthcare. Options range from post-offer medical evaluations and fitness-for-duty exams, to employee and executive physicals. Screenings may be customized to include:
- Blood pressure
- Cardiac with EKG
- Comprehensive metabolic profile
- Chest X-ray
- Pulmonary function (spirometry)
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) test
- Additional screenings tailored to your workforce needs
Our extensive experience with drug and alcohol testing provides you with reliable and fast results. Screenings can be done at the worksite or at one of our occupational health clinics. After-hours services are available. We offer:
- Non-regulated urine drug screens (5-panel, 7-panel and 12-panel)
- Regulated urine drug screens (7-panel)
- Rapid drug screens
- Collection only
- Breath alcohol collections
- Consortia services
Our medical review officer will thoroughly and fairly investigate laboratory-confirmed positive, adulterated, substituted and invalid drug test results, as well as evaluate medical explanations for detected substances when appropriate. We are equipped to evaluate any type of drug test or brand, and all of our tests are performed with guaranteed chain of custody. You can expect ongoing communication and full documentation; drug testing documentation storage is also available.
If needed, our certified medical review officers can provide referrals for employees needing treatment for substance abuse.
Same-day drug testing
If you want someone to start work immediately, but need drug test results first, we can help. We’ve teamed up with eScreen, a company offering rapid drug screens in a network of more than 1,500 clinics nationwide. The eScreen program allows us to provide rapid, compliant and efficient employee drug testing services. Online results are available within 15 minutes of sample submission.
The health of your employees is paramount to the safety of the people they serve. This is especially true of police and fire departments, transportation companies, municipalities, manufacturing businesses and other industries governed by strict safety regulations. Our knowledgeable professionals monitor current workplace regulations to keep you up-to-date with the latest mandates and necessary documentation.
To assist you with regulatory compliance, we offer a full range of physical exams and wellness screenings, including:
- DOT medical certification exams
- HAZMAT qualifications exams
- NFPA firefighter annual exams
- Police academy clearance annual exams
- Nuclear regulatory commission mandated exams
- Lead screenings
- Asbestos screenings
Respiratory examinations and respiratory fit testing
If your employees are required to wear protective masks or respiratory equipment, you need to ensure your equipment meets OSHA requirements. We’re one of the few occupational health programs to offer the PortaCount® respiratory equipment screening device, the most advanced system available to assess the effectiveness of your employees’ protective respiratory masks.
We administer OHSA-required respiratory fit tests onsite or in our facilities. We can qualify first responders to wear Department of Homeland Security FM12 masks with these OSHA-mandated requirements:
- A questionnaire to screen for medical symptoms, illnesses and lifestyle risk factors to determine if candidates require additional medical evaluation prior to using the FM12 mask. Download the respirator medical evaluation questionnaire.
- A complete physical to determine if the individual is physically able to wear the mask. This screening includes cardiac fitness, respiratory function, vision, hearing and musculoskeletal function.
Our business is to keep your business healthy. We provide area businesses with a number of health and wellness programs – programs that improve employee health and boost the bottom line.
Our occupational health experts offer a range of onsite services for your workplace, including:
- Biometric screenings
- CPR/AED and first aid training and certification
- Health fairs
- Health risk assessments
- Medical screenings, immunizations and lab work
- Nurse consultations to review individual risk factors and test results, and provide personalized guidance
- Nutrition education
- Wellness education and prevention, including Lunch & Learn programs
Individual programs can be tailored to meet your needs and priorities. We offer everything from flu shots and diabetes screenings to education on back injury prevention, office ergonomics, weight loss and exercise. Our services are backed by the resources of Edward-Elmhurst Healthcare and a selection of convenient clinic locations.
When an employee is facing personal issues, these can spill over into the workplace, affecting job performance and relationships with coworkers. Employee assistance programs (EAPs) are designed to support employees with personal concerns and help them find constructive ways to heal and cope.
Edward-Elmhurst Healthcare offers EAP services, staffed by licensed social workers and therapists dedicated to providing respectful, confidential treatment. All services are provided under the supervision of a medical director. EAPs can help employees or their immediate family members with the following issues:
- Substance abuse and other addictions
- Social and emotional difficulties related to disability and illness
- Family issues
- Death of a family member
- Marital/relationship issues
- Becoming a single parent
- Career change or job stress
Benefits to employers
Successful EAPs benefit employers by minimizing disability and healthcare claims, reducing absenteeism, and improving performance and productivity. Our specialists will work with you to:
- Prepare policies and procedures tailored to your workplace
- Instruct supervisors on how to use the program
- Train managers in confronting performance problems
- Provide assessments, referrals and short-term counseling for employees
- Promote employee awareness and understanding of EAP services
- Provide mandated drug testing surveillance
In addition to counseling services, we provide educational seminars on relevant issues, such as:
- Recognizing substance abuse
- Managing stress
- Detecting the signs of depression
- Adolescent behavior issues
- Specific topics tailored to your request