Video Visits for the care you need today
Health issues that sent us to the doctor’s office before can now be addressed virtually. While our offices are open to patients who need to be seen in-person, we’re also ready to “see” you while you’re at home.
A Video Visit is simply a video call which allows you to meet face-to-face, in real time, with a healthcare professional. Video Visits are a great option when you prefer to receive care from the comfort of home.
Whether you need a Video Visit now with the next available provider, or if you would like to schedule a Video Visit with your doctor — we can help.
How do I start a Video Visit?
For a Video Visit now with the next available provider, log in to MyChart® and click on “Start a Video Visit Now.”
For a scheduled Video Visit with your doctor, log in to MyChart and click on “Schedule a Video Visit.” Scheduled Video Visits are available to established patients with existing conditions or a new health concern or illness.
Video Visit instructions will be provided when you schedule. Our doctors are offering same-day appointments.
Prior to scheduling a Video Visit, make sure to contact your insurance carrier to check your coverage.
What do I need for a Video Visit?
- A smartphone, tablet or computer with a web camera and microphone. (If you don’t have a device, ask your doctor about a phone visit to meet your needs.)
- A MyChart account with Edward-Elmhurst Health. If you don’t have an account yet, it takes only two minutes to set one up.
You can do the Video Visit by logging in to MyChart through the website or this app. We strongly recommend the mobile app.
How does a Video Visit work?
Before your Video Visit:
- Find a quiet, private and well-lit space where you won’t be interrupted.
- Fully charge your computer or device or plug it in.
- Make sure your device’s video and sound are on and working.
- Have a pen and paper ready with any questions you have for your doctor.
- Complete the quick online e-Checkin process (through MyChart or this app).
At your scheduled time:
- Log in to MyChart through the MyChart website or this app.
- Put the camera at eye level.
- Click on “Begin Video Visit.”
- Wait for your doctor to join you.
- Explain your health issue, listen closely and take notes.
What if I need an in-person visit?
Edward-Elmhurst Health physician offices are open if you need an in-person visit. We are taking every precaution to keep our patients safe during their visit, including masking, extensive cleaning, social distancing and staggered appointment times.
Your doctor’s office will help determine what type of visit is right for you.
*Physicians with Edward Medical Group, Elmhurst Clinic, Elmhurst Memorial Medical Group and Elmhurst Medical Associates in specialty areas like family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, and more.