Medical weight loss programs
The decision to lose the excess weight is a commitment to your own best life. Even modest weight loss can improve your physical health, energy levels, mobility and self-confidence.
But, weight loss is not easy. When you need strong guidance, accountability and clinical support — and surgery is not the right option for you —Endeavor Health Weight Management at Edward-Elmhurst Health offers medically-supervised programs to help you lose the weight and keep it off.
Professional weight management
The team of physicians at Endeavor Health Weight Management — led by Omar Shamsi, M.D. — use a four-pronged approach to non-surgical weight loss:
- Medical: Treatment may include the medically-supervised use of FDA-approved weight loss medications with regular monitoring for effectiveness and safety.
- Nutritional: Our dietitians and nutrition counselors can create a food plan that works best for you and your metabolism.
- Physical: Exercise physiologists can help build an activity plan that you will look forward to.
- Behavioral: Psychological counseling can help get to the root of your weight issues and support you behavior modification for a healthy weight and body.
Medical Weight Loss Clinics
We offer several weight loss clinics and weight management tracks that will get you to your goal. Our multidisciplinary team will provide the support and guidance you need to be successful in the long term.
Lifestyle Under Construction
This medically-supervised, 12-week program will help you trim your waist and lower your risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes. Each week you'll get advice from a cardiac nurse, dietitian, exercise physiologist and a clinical psychologist. The program meets on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. and Thursdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Call 630-527-2825 for session dates.
Tai Chi, Pilates, Yoga
Elmhurst Hospital offers several fitness classes designed to strengthen your muscles, improve flexibility and relieve stress.
Naturopathic nutrition coach
Maintaining a healthy, balanced diet is important to control your weight and improve your overall wellness. Heather Bautista, ND, CNS, LDN, naturopathic health coach with the Integrative Medicine Clinic, can help educate you in choosing healthy dietary options that are right for you. Learn more about the Integrative Medicine Clinic.
Get started now
For more information on our weight loss programs or to schedule an appointment, call:
- Endeavor Health Weight Management - Naperville: 630-527-7205
- Endeavor Health Weight Management - Elmhurst: 331-221-6140
Do you know your BMI?
If you have a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or greater, your doctor may recommend a medically-based program that includes FDA-approved weight loss medication and monthly check-ups to monitor the medication’s effectiveness.
Supplied by BMI Calculator USA