The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) has announced that Edward-Elmhurst Health has earned 2020 CHIME Digital Health Most Wired Level 8 Acute and Level 8 Ambulatory recognition.
According to CHIME, organizations achieving Level 8 (10 is the highest) Most Wired recognition have deployed technologies and strategies, like population health/cost-of-care analytics, health information exchanges/integration engines and patient portals, to help analyze their data and achieve meaningful clinical and efficiency outcomes. Some are experimenting with more advanced technologies, like telehealth, that expand access to care.
Edward-Elmhurst, which includes Edward Hospital in Naperville, Elmhurst Hospital and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, also made the Most Wired list in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019. Elmhurst Hospital made the list in 2013 and 2014, and Edward Hospital was named in 2014.
“This award reinforces Edward-Elmhurst’s commitment to investing in technology and innovate digital solutions that have a positive impact on each patient’s health and experience,” says Mary Lou Mastro, System CEO, Edward-Elmhurst Health.
Edward-Elmhurst was one of 151 hospitals and health systems in the country and one of eight in Illinois to earn Most Wired Level 8 Acute recognition and one of 96 hospitals and health systems in the country and one of four in Illinois to earn Most Wired Level 8 Ambulatory recognition.
Edward-Elmhurst’s Most Wired efforts are featured at www.EEHealth.org/patients-visitors/myeehealth and include:
- MyEEHealth mobile app for IOS and Android that helps patients keep track of their health anywhere, 24/7.
- MyChart patient portal: Available online and via mobile app, patients can communicate with their doctor, manage appointments, access test results, request prescription renewals and check in for appointments.
- Virtual visits, including E-visits (online diagnosis and treatment planning via online messaging in MyChart), telephone visits and video visits.
- Real-time online scheduling for doctor visits and tests: New and current patients can schedule an appointment with one of more than 272 physicians, physician assistants or advance practice clinicians with Edward-Elmhurst Health. Patients can also schedule lab tests, mammograms, heart scans, x-rays, dexa scans and other procedures.
- Remote monitoring to monitor and track patients’ health while they’re at home.
- Real-time Wait Times: ERs, Immediate Cares, Walk-In Clinics
- On My Way/Save My Spot to shorten your wait at Edward-Elmhurst Immediate Cares and Walk in Clinics.
- Virtual Assistant Chatbot (“Eleanor”): Symptom checker for COVID-19 and general care navigation.
- HealthAware online risk assessments for heart disease, stroke, sleep disorders, cancer, diabetes, weight, addiction, depression and anxiety.
- Online cost estimator and online bill pay
- Online class registration and online classes for prenatal topics and more.
The 2020 Digital Health Most Wired program included four categories: domestic, ambulatory, long-term care and international. Scores are registered for each participating organization in eight segments: infrastructure, security, business/disaster recovery, administrative/supply chain, analytics/data management, interoperability/population health, patient engagement and clinical quality/safety.
The mission of the CHIME Most Wired program is to elevate the health and care of communities by encouraging the optimal use of information technology (IT). The program does this by conducting an annual survey to identify, recognize and certify the adoption, implementation and use of information technology by healthcare provider organizations. The results are intended to improve patient safety and outcomes by driving change in the healthcare IT industry.
For more information about Edward-Elmhurst Health, visit www.EEHealth.org.