Edward-Elmhurst Health has been named to CHIME’s (College of Healthcare Information Management Executives) 2019 Healthcare’s Most Wired Awards and Recognition List.
Edward-Elmhurst earned CHIME’s Level 8 (10 is the highest recognition) Quality Award for hospital and ambulatory settings. According to CHIME, organizations achieving Level 8 Most Wired have deployed technologies and strategies that help analyze their data and achieve meaningful clinical and efficiency outcomes.
Edward-Elmhurst, a system that includes Edward Hospital in Naperville, Elmhurst Hospital and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, also made the Most Wired list in 2015, 2016 and 2017. Elmhurst Hospital made the list in 2013 and 2014, and Edward Hospital was named in 2014.
Edward-Elmhurst’s “Most Wired” efforts include:
- MyChart patient portal: Available online and via mobile app, patients can communicate with their doctor, manage appointments, access test results, request prescription renewals and more. E-visits are also available through MyChart.
- Real-time online scheduling for doctor visits and tests: New and current patients can visit www.eehealth.org/schedule to schedule an appointment with one of more than 245 physicians, physician assistants or advance practice clinicians with Edward-Elmhurst Health. Patients can also schedule lab tests, mammograms, heart scans, dexa scans and other procedures.
- Online cost estimator
- Online bill pay
- Real-time Wait Times: Available for ER, Immediate Care and Walk-In Clinics at www.eehealth.org.
- HealthAware: Free, online assessments measure risk for addiction, anxiety, breast cancer, colon cancer, depression, diabetes, heart disease, lung cancer, sleep disorders, stroke and weight.
- Online class registration
The mission of the CHIME Healthcare’s Most Wired program is to elevate the health and care of communities around the world by encouraging the optimal use of information technology. The Most Wired program does this by conducting a rigorous annual survey to identify, recognize, and certify the adoption, implementation, and use of information technology by healthcare provider organizations. The results are intended to improve patient safety and outcomes by driving change in the healthcare information technology industry.
Edward-Elmhurst will be recognized at the 2019 CHIME Fall Chief Information Officer Forum and will have its name published in the November issue of a Modern Healthcare Most Wired Special Edition.