For the third year in a row, Edward-Elmhurst Health has been named as one the nation’s Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems. The recognition is based on the 2017 Most Wired survey by the American Hospital Association and Clearwater Compliance, a provider of healthcare compliance and cyber risk management solutions.
Edward-Elmhurst, a system that includes Edward Hospital in Naperville, Elmhurst Hospital and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, also made the Most Wired list in 2015 and 2016. Prior to their recognition as part of a system, Elmhurst Hospital made the list in 2013 and 2014, and Edward Hospital was named in 2014.
The annual Most Wired survey is a leading industry barometer that measures information technology (IT) use and adoption among hospitals nationwide. Nearly 700 organizations, representing 2,158 hospitals (39 percent of all hospitals in the U.S.), took part in the 2017 survey.
According to the survey’s results, Most Wired hospitals are using smart phones, telehealth and remote monitoring to create more ways for patients to access healthcare services and capture health information.
Edward-Elmhurst’s “Most Wired” efforts include:
- MyChart patient portal (https://mychart.eehealth.org/mychart): Available online and via mobile app, patients can communicate with their doctor, manage appointments, access test results, request prescription renewals and more.
- Real-time online scheduling for doctor visits and tests: New and current patients can visit www.eehealth.org/make-an-appointment to schedule an appointment with one of more than 120 physicians, physician assistants or advance practice clinicians with Edward Medical Group, Elmhurst Clinic, Elmhurst Medical Associates and Elmhurst Memorial Medical Group. Patients can also schedule lab tests, mammograms, heart scans and other procedures.
- Use of CardioMEMS and Reveal LINQ, implanted devices that allow physicians to remotely monitor the conditions of patients with heart conditions.
- Real-time Wait Times: Available for ER, Immediate Care and Walk-In Clinics at www.EEHealth.org
- HealthAware (www.eehealth.org/health-aware): Free, online assessments measure risk for addiction, anxiety, breast cancer, colon cancer, depression, diabetes, heart disease, lung cancer, sleep disorders and stroke.
In addition, Edward-Elmhurst is enhancing and developing a wide variety of tools and programs, such as video and e-visits, price-shopping tools for healthcare services and more.