The Elmhurst Memorial Hospital (EMH) Foundation has awarded $22,000 in Teen Volunteer Health Profession Scholarships to 12 area high school students who volunteer at Elmhurst Hospital and plan to pursue careers in a health-related field.
Recipients, their high schools and areas of study:
- Samiyya Ahmed, York, Physician
- Amanda Bardhoshi, York, Physician
- Isabella Baumann, Fenwick, Neuroscience Research
- Josh Jonkman, York, Nurse Practitioner
- Vanessa Lococo, York, Nursing
- Elizabeth Maloney, IC Catholic, Nursing
- Amber Mataczynski, St. Joseph, Pediatrics
- Erina Maranda, York, Physician
- Hajar Mchabcheb, Islamic Foundation, Dentistry
- Nicole Porio, IC Catholic, Physician
- Amy Rogala, York, Nursing
- Amalia Siavelis, York, Biomedical Engineering
Elmhurst Hospital teen volunteers must meet a rigorous set of criteria to qualify for a scholarship, including scholastic achievements, minimum 160 hours of volunteer service in the hospital, strong performance evaluations from the Volunteer Department, community service and pursuit of a career in a health-related field.
Funds for the scholarships were raised through the Foundation’s annual Reindeer Route Housewalk.
The Foundation congratulates these deserving teens,” says Susan Tyburski, Executive Director, EMH Foundation. “We are pleased to support each of them on their journey toward a very bright future.”
For more information about the EMH Foundation and upcoming events, visit www.emhfoundation.org/events or call (331) 221-0388.