To mark the opening and give the public a chance to preview its newest outpatient site, Edward-Elmhurst Health is hosting “Fresh Fest,” a Farmers Market, on Sunday, July 17, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Edward-Elmhurst Health Center & Immediate Care, 8 Salt Creek Ln. in Hinsdale (Ogden Ave. and Salt Creek Ln., east of York Rd.).
The $18 million, three-floor, 33,000-square-foot facility will open on Monday, July 18 and provide high-quality, close-to-home healthcare services, including:
- Immediate Care: Treatment for minor injuries and illnesses that are not life-threatening
- Imaging: Digital X-ray, mammography, ultrasound and Dexa bone scan
- Physical therapy
- Occupational health
- Linden Oaks Behavioral Health
- Primary care physicians and specialists, including OB-GYNs and neurologists
“Fresh Fest” will be an outdoor event (rain or shine) with fresh produce and artisan creations for sale, healthy games and giveaways for all ages, health center tours, free food and drawings for dozens of prizes.
Attendees can also donate their loose change at the Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Foundation table to benefit Elmhurst Hospital’s Animal-Assisted Therapy program.
Interactive booths will feature:
- Face painting for kids
- Animal-Assisted Therapy dogs
- Linden Oaks art therapy
- Reiki demonstrations
- Wheel of Misfortune
- Where’s Waldo (lab items game)
- Guess What’s Broken
- Make your own first aid kit
- “Fresh”-themed photo booth
For more information and to pre-register for the prize drawing, visit www.eehealth.org/hinsdale.