Edward-Elmhurst Health has named Bobbie Byrne, MD, MBA, FAAP as Executive Vice President of Consumer Driven Health and Chief Information Officer (CIO) for the System, effective July 1.
Dr. Byrne, a resident of Glencoe, joined Edward-Elmhurst as CIO in 2009 and will add new responsibilities to enhance and develop strategies that improve convenience and accessibility for consumers.
Edward-Elmhurst Health System CEO Pam Davis says, “Bobbie has a very unique set of skills as a physician and technology leader, along with strong operational experience. She will lead our Consumer Driven Health efforts to continue Edward-Elmhurst’s leadership role as the most consumer-friendly and accessible provider in the region.”
“Consumers are much savvier as they shop for healthcare services. We understand their needs and are responding to them,” says Dr. Byrne. “We will enhance and develop a wide variety of tools and programs such as online appointment scheduling, real-time wait times, video and e-visits, price-shopping tools for healthcare services, and more.”
Edward-Elmhurst already offers convenient and easy-access healthcare services, such as:
- MyChart: Online access for patients to schedule appointments, review health records and test results, request prescription refills and communicate with their doctor’s office
- Online Appointment Scheduling: Online access for new or existing patients who want to book an appointment online with many of our physician
- HealthAware assessments : Free, online questionnaires measure a person’s risk for addiction, anxiety, breast cancer, colon cancer, depression, diabetes, heart disease, lung cancer, sleep disorders and stroke
- Real-time Wait Times: Available for ER, Immediate Care and Walk-In Clinics at our web-site
- Walk-In Clinics and Immediate Care Centers: Nearly 20 locations throughout the west and southwest suburbs (including Clinics in Jewel-Osco) with evening and weekend hours, no appointment necessary
Under Dr. Byrne’s leadership, Edward and Elmhurst Hospitals have been named to Hospitals & Health Networks lists of the Most Wired Hospitals & Health Networks in 2014 and 2015. Becker’s Hospital Review named Dr. Byrne to its 2015 lists of 130 women hospital and health system leaders to know, 25 female hospital and health system CIOs to know, 100 hospital and health system CIOs to know and 10 physician CIOs to know. In 2015, HealthData Management Magazine named Dr. Byrne as one of the recipients of its inaugural Women in Healthcare IT awards and as one of its 50 Top Healthcare IT Experts.
Dr. Byrne received her medical degree from the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and completed her residency in pediatrics at Children’s Memorial Hospital in Chicago. She earned her MBA from the Kellogg School of Management and BA in History from Northwestern University. Dr. Byrne, board certified in Pediatrics and Clinical Informatics, serves on the American Academy of Pediatrics Physician Advisory Council for Informatics.
Edward-Elmhurst Health, a three-hospital system that includes Edward Hospital, Elmhurst Hospital and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, has combined revenues of more than $1 billion, more than 50 locations across a service area of 1.7 million residents, nearly 7,400 employees and nearly 1,900 physicians on its medical staff. For more information, visit www.EEHealth.org.