Elmhurst Hospital has opened a Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic to provide high-quality, comprehensive care for women who are involved in or have the potential for high-risk pregnancies.
Board certified perinatologists (specialists in maternal fetal medicine) Donald Taylor, DO, Medical Director and Jill Moran, MD, Assistant Medical Director, provide services at the Clinic, which is open Monday through Friday and is located in the Family Birthing Center at Elmhurst Hospital, 155 E. Brush Hill Rd.
“We work very closely with each patient’s OB-GYN to develop and carry out a plan of care,” says Dr. Taylor. “We’re there every step of the way throughout pregnancy to take care of mom and make sure she and baby are doing well.”
A pregnancy may be considered high risk if a woman experiences complications, such as:
- Gestational diabetes
- Preterm labor
- Multiples (pregnant with twins, triplets, etc.)
- Over age 35
- Previous pregnancy problems – miscarriage, still birth, preterm birth
The Clinic’s perinatologists work with patients who have certain pre-existing or chronic medical conditions
that may complicate a pregnancy, like lupus or other autoimmune disorders, pre-existing diabetes, high blood pressure or potential genetic abnormalities.
The Clinic offers prenatal diagnostic testing, procedures and counseling, including:
- Antepartum testing, bio-physical profile and fetal non-stress test
- Chorionic villous sampling
- Level II obstetric ultrasound
- Genetic counseling/preconception counseling
- High-risk obstetric consultations
- Gestational diabetes education
For more information, call (331) 221-3020 or visit www.eehealth.org/services/pregnancy-baby.